This Grammarly Review 2019 is completely updated with the latest subscription plans, head-to-head comparison w/ Grammarly Alternative and covering the most asked questions; “Is Grammarly worth paying for the Grammarly subscription?” and “Is Grammarly Safe to Use?
Getting caught with very simple spelling and punctuation errors can be sometimes shameful when you are writing an important email or an assignment. Proofreading’s a hectic and time-consuming job, and honestly, the chances of detecting errors while proofreading your own writings are very slim. Because we, most of the times, tend to skip the errors in our mind subconsciously while proofreading our own writings. And that’s where the Grammarly hops in!
Grammarly is top-notch, world-class grammar checker software service, there’s no denying in that. But nothing is perfect.
And which brings to some questions about Grammarly:
• Is it worth paying for the Grammarly subscription?
• Is Grammarly safe to use?
• Is Grammarly good and how does it compare to existing MS Word Checker and other grammar checker software?
Don’t you guys worry as we’ll be answering all these questions in this in-depth Grammarly review! However, before we start answering, we, here at Prabidhi Info, accept Grammarly is the most powerful and effective grammar checker we’ve ever come across. And cheers to that.
Grammarly Review: What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is an AI-powered product to aid assistance to write error-free and grammatically correct. Unlike Word Checker and some other free service, Grammarly detects contextual spelling, punctuation, grammar and writing style errors. And to it’s best, Grammarly works on most of the webpages, supports real-time detection on Microsoft Word and on phones too.
It does an amazing job at proofreading your emails, assignments, social media posts, messages, documents and make them clear and impactful.
Grammarly Review 2019: How much does Grammarly cost?
Actually, Grammarly comes in both Free and Premium plans. However, considering an individual user, Premium plans have three different pricing for three subscriptions; Monthly, Quarterly and Annual.
Monthly premium plan cost $29.95 per month, Quarterly costs $19.98 per month, billed as $59.95 in total, and annual costs $11.66/month, billed as $139.95.
They run multiple campaigns and events where you can get the Grammarly for the price discounted as high as 55%. And currently, in the occasion of the New Year 2019, Grammarly is giving away 46% discount off the annual plan, billing as $75 only for a year.
Also, Grammarly has a different set of group plans for Grammarly@Edu and Grammarly Business. Grammarly@edu can cost $700/year, $1000/year and $1700/year given the number of users in a group is 10, 20 and 50 respectively. And for Grammarly Business can cost $15 per member with a group of a minimum number of three. However, for the service for a group with users more than 50, you have to contact and get a quote from the Grammarly.
ALSO,READ: How to get Grammarly Premium for Free?
Where-where is Grammarly available on?
Yes, most of the other grammar checker software is available for multiple platforms, but not as a complete package as Grammarly. Grammarly is available for desktops; Windows and Mac, phones; Android and iPhones, and on every major browser extensions.
- Grammarly Browser Extension[Free Download]: The swiss-knife for mistake-free social media posts, blogs, and emails, Grammarly browser extension sits right top on your browser guarding you on your journey of writing. Grammarly browser extension is available for free to download and supports Chrome, Safari, Firefox and infamous Microsoft Edge. No more of copy-pasting your content because the Grammarly browser extension detects and suggests the error in real-time.”
- Online Editor [Free]: Though there’s already Grammarly browser extension to suggest and correct your writings in real time, the browser extension doesn’t store your writings and can’t be synced across the devices. However, on the Grammarly Online Editor, you can open it on any browser irrespective of the Grammarly browser extension availability for that browser, you can edit your documents online and access on any devices. You can either copy-paste, write or direct upload your docs to Grammarly Online Editor and start working right on!
- Grammarly for MS Office [Free Download]: Copy-pasting your contents from MS Word just to perform a grammatical check can really be a hassle. That’s why there’s a Grammarly Add-in for MS Office that supports real-time grammatical error detection and correction suggestion on MS Word and MS Outlook.
Grammarly for Desktop [Free Download]: Just to make sure you don’t miss Grammarly anywhere you go, Grammarly has their native apps as Grammarly for Windows and Grammarly for Mac. You can simply drag a document file you would like to proofread, and it’ll be done in a matter of seconds.
- Grammarly Keyboard [Free Download]: Since 50 percent of workplace/ team communication and collaboration occur through mobile apps, Grammarly developed Grammarly Keyboard to make the typing on phones mistake-free and look professional. Grammarly Keyboard is available for both Android and iOS. The keyboard integrates seamlessly with all your mobile apps and the browser.
Grammarly Review 2019: Is it worth paying for the Grammarly subscription?
Writing a review about the product always has to be about honesty, expressing your truthful experience with the readers/ listeners. So, which is why we don’t go out in the wild and shout out only the best thing about the product. We dig deep and list the drawbacks. And it’s no different for the Grammarly. Despite the drawbacks, here’re the few Grammarly Premium features that really justify whether it’s worth paying for Grammarly or not!
Grammarly Premium Features
- 400+ Critical grammar and spelling checks
- Suggestions for vocabulary enhancements.
- Top-notch plagiarism detector that checks 16 billion+ websites.
- Synced and accessible on every device, and unlike other grammar checkers like WhiteSmoke, it comes with no extra charge for the mobile app.
- Optimized for all types of writing genres whether its work, personal, technical, or academic.
- Human professional proofreader to check your content right away for a little more or less of charge.
- 24×7, round-the-clock helpand support!
Grammarly Review: Grammarly Drawbacks
- Though it’s not been long since the Grammarly has recently rolled out the support on Google Docs, it’s still missing the major platforms; Quora and Medium. Grammarly doesn’t work on Quora, if you’re an avid Quoran, this could be a major cause for not subscribing to the paid plans.
Update: Grammarly on Chrome browser supports Quora & Medium. However, it still doesn’t support Quora if you are using from Firebox.
- Grammarly, sometimes, lags the browser since it’s always there running in the background using the browser resources.
- The suggestions and feedbacks for the possible errors are not always relatable and correct in the context.
- The Grammarly struggles to fit for the writing novices or learners who lack the least knowledge of punctuations and the grammar itself.
Is Grammarly safe to use?
Honestly speaking, when you step your foot in the world of the interweb, there’s no such thing as 100% secured and safe. Privacy and safety is just an illusion here.
Grammarly is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, Internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
Grammarly collects and stores the information you provided when you sign up — like your username, e-mail address, and the contact and language preferences — the user content, location information, device details, log data, cookies, and usage information. User content can be all of the texts you typed, documents you uploaded while you are using the Grammarly service. However, Grammarly does not sell this information but share with third parties when needed.
With that said, we can prevent and be cautious as much as we can to protect our identity and data, but still, we can be sure of that. So, if you’re too much of conscious of your critical data like credit card entry and other classified kinds of stuff, it’s better to turn off the Grammarly extension on your browser, and not to use the Grammarly service for that instance.
Is Grammarly good for you?
Depends upon. If you already read the “Is it worth paying for the Grammarly subscription?” and think it’s worth paying, obviously it is for you. However, if you still want to confirm, well, these behavioral traits will help you through:
- You are a guy who does too many misspellings and typos.
- If you kind of get confused over usage of British and American English.
- You do too many emails, assignments, or any professional writings on a regular basis.
- Like learning the meaning of the confusing words, you see on the webpage — because Grammarly shows the definitions and synonyms when double clicked on the word.
- You don’t want to hassle for tiresome proofreading.
- Neatness is your priority.
- You always want to be a step ahead.
- You want to track your writing progress — because Grammarly emails you weekly reports on your writing.
How does it compare to existing MS Word Checker and other grammar checker software?
Most of us use Microsoft Office for document preparing, no brainer. But is the default, existing MS Word Checker enough for your proofreading, mistake-free content? I don’t think so, and guess, most of other would agree with me on this. Word Checker does very simple proofreading like detecting and correcting an initial case of a word, general spelling errors and nothing else. However, Grammarly does than 400+ checks. So, we already Grammarly is a clear winner here.
And regarding other grammar checker software, Grammarly is a strong contender that makes #1 spot in the grammar-checker-software niche!
Grammarly vs Grammarly Alternatives
You have already witnessed how does Grammarly its ground in this our Grammarly review. However, similarly, with any other product, Grammarly is not a single product to provide grammar checking service. There are a number of products that offer the same level of service in grammar checking and proofreading. Here’s a tabular head-to-head comparison between Grammarly and Grammarly Alternatives.
|Products||Subscription Plan & Pricing Per month||Translation Language Support||Free Version|
|$29.95||$19.98||$11.66||$15/user/month up to 3 users, for more get quote||English only||Yes|
|N/A||N/A||$4.16 – $5.55
(Mobile app not included)
|$11.49/user/month up to 3 users, for more get quote||55+||Yes|
|N/A||N/A||$5||10-25% Discount on the annual charge||English Only||Yes|
Grammarly Review Wrap-up
Grammarly has already proved itself to be, undeniably, the #1 grammar checker software out there given all the circumstances compared. And still, I can say that 95% of the Grammarly user can do better at writing mistake-free with the free version. I suggest you upgrade only when you are in real need where you can’t afford any typos and plagiarisms when you are writing your emails, assignments, graduation research papers, or thesis.
And however, if you can wait to upgrade for a day or two after you signup for a free version, you will get an email to a pretty amazing discount for Grammarly Premium upgrade.
We hope you guys liked this Grammarly Review. However, did this Grammarly Review 2019 answer all your curiosities regarding Grammarly? If not, please do let us know in the comments below on what else do you want to know about Grammarly before you pay for it!
ALSO, CHECK OUT:
- Blinkist Review 2019 & How to Get Blinkist Premium for free?
- How to download Adobe Photoshop Full Version for FREE
- How to EARN FREE Mobile Recharge with Dent App
- Top 10 Unique & Best Android Apps – December 2018
- Top 10 Websites to legally download Paid Software for FREE!