YouTube is one of the most popular video-sharing platform and so far billions of videos has been uploaded on YouTube. It’s the second largest search engine, right behind Google. YouTube contains videos of almost everything. This platform was founded in 2005 and since then it has been going on. If you are using YouTube on your PC/ laptop, it is easier to switch and keep the YouTube running on the background and get engaged to other work. But if you are using YouTube on smartphones when you switch to other apps, the video/ audio stops playing.
There’s a new trick that has been floating around, with that trick, you can play YouTube in the background. It does not matter if you are playing a song or music video you can play it using VLC media player.
How to play any YouTube video on the background using VLC media player?
Follow the instruction given below to play YouTube on the background using VLC:
- Once you have installed VLC, open YouTube. Play anything that you like. Tap on the share button and choose ‘Play with VLC’ from the share sheet as shown.
- This will open VLC media player streaming the video from YouTube. Tap on the three-dot icon placed on the right-hand corner. Select ‘Play as audio’. This will start playing the audio on the background.
You can minimize VLC then do other tasks on your mobile device without stopping the streaming from YouTube just like you do in your Laptop/PC.
Enjoy streaming videos from YouTube using VLC media player. If you have any confusion, please let us know. We will try our best to help you.
- Noise Shots XO launched in India with Wireless charging and Metallic finishing
- Lava Z71 launched in entry-level budget segment with an expected price tag of Rs. 10,500
- Autel Evo II Series Drone is the new King of Drones with 8K Video Recording capability
- Xiaomi Mi Portable Mouse launched with Dual-Mode support for just Rs. 1,999
More in Tutorials:
- Enable Windows Clipboard History and copy/paste multiple items at ease
- Find your Windows product key without installing third-party software
- Reduce your eye-strain, enable Windows 10 Blue Light Filter/ Night Mode
- How to Identify Fonts Used in Any Photo or Image
- Here’s how you can hide drives on your PC without any software to secure your files
- Get smooth game-play, turn on ‘Game Mode’ in Windows 10
- Get your productivity on-the-go by enabling Google Docs Offline