Huawei AppGallery Highlights
- AppGallery’s an open, innovative app distribution platform that is accessible to consumers.
- Aims to strictly protect users’ privacy and security while providing them with a unique and smart experience.
- Huawei claims AppGallery is now the world’s 3rd largest app marketplace with 400 million active users.
- Plans to invest as much $1 billion to attract developers to the marketplace and already involves 3000 engineers now
Following the US restrictions and bans for Huawei, since the May 2019’s announcement of inclusion in “Entity List”, Huawei has been charging ahead to decrease dependency on US-based companies such as Google and more.
Huawei recently unveiled an app distribution platform to provide a new alternative to Play Store. As a top 3 app marketplace globally, HUAWEI AppGallery is now available in over 170 countries/regions with 400 million monthly active users (MAUs), covering mainstream apps and services worldwide.
Vision of a Top 3 App Marketplace Globally
“Privacy, under your control, has always been at the heart of our philosophy,” Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei Consumer Business Group commented. He further added, “We place privacy protection and cybersecurity as the top priorities of all our business operations and strictly implement them in all phases of our products. We also have the strictest privacy and cybersecurity solutions in HUAWEI AppGallery.”
For a brand that rose sharply to rank 10th place Brand Finance’s 2020 annual global brand value ranking, Huawei has invested in more than 3,000 engineers on ecosystem engineering.
HUAWEI AppGallery Is A Trusted Platform Where Users Can Download Apps
HUAWEI AppGallery comes with full-cycle security and protection, including developer real-name verification and four-step review process for secure app operation. All apps go through a stringent verification test to prevent developers’ apps from malicious activity. It has an age-rating system to create a safe environment for children, filtering out apps that are not suitable for their age range.
AppGallery segments applications across 18 categories, including news, social media, entertainment and more, all searchable with a simple and smooth browsing experience. Moreover, the users can submit the desired app name to a ‘Wishlist’ to get notified once this app goes on-shelf.
Apps downloaded from HUAWEI AppGallery are optimized to work on Huawei devices, providing incredible on-device capability. The key enabler is HUAWEI HiAI, an open AI capability platform for smart devices, which pools software and hardware resources from different devices and facilitates collaborative, mutually-reinforcing interactions between them.
Installation-free experience with ‘Quick Apps’
Quick Apps is an app ecosystem that houses a new type of installation-free apps with good user experience, powerful functions, and consumes very little memory space. Despite giving users the same experience as native apps, the users can accommodate more than 2,000 Quick Apps instead of just 20 native apps with just 1GB of space.
Users can even add their favorite Quick Apps to their desktops for convenient access. Quick Apps are used on over 350 million Huawei phones. To date, there are more than 1,700 Quick Apps released globally. Simply put, Quick Apps moves in a similar approach to Instant Apps.
You might also like:
- iPhone 9 could possibly launch on April 15
- Vivo S6 is a 5G phone powered by Exynos 980 with 48MP quad cameras
- Honor 30S officially announced, a mid-range with 64MP quad camera setup
- Ministry of Health and Population introduces ‘Hamro Swasthya’ app for COVID-19 Nepal
- Dashlane and 1Password giving away free Business and Premium subscriptions to keep your business safe
- Amazon is giving Prime Video kids’ movies and TV shows all for free