Remembers the days when the phones had a huge forehead just to incorporate selfie camera and earpiece? Well, there still are some of those phones evidently. But a large portion of smartphone-industry has moved on to “punch-hole cutout” and pop-up camera phones. This tech was innovated to get to all-screen phones. But we haven’t been there, not yet. However, this might soon change with Samsung’s next S-series flagship to feature an under-screen selfie camera.
The news and speculation came out after the recent revelation tweet by a famous Hong Kong Ice Universe tipster. Though there has been no sign of working demonstration from Samsung, this really doesn’t sound far-fetched as we have already seen a prototype from OPPO and Xiaomi demonstrating a working in-display selfie camera smartphone.
To achieve this feat, the company would have to address few hurdles: (a) insufficient light reaching the sensor and resulting mediocre image quality, and (b) to minimize the pixel density delta between the display area around the sensor and the entire screen. Right now, this is far from reality. But given the fact that Samsung is the leading OLED panel manufacturer, this seems doable. Moreover, Samsung has a year to test and work on this tech.
It’s yet to see what innovation the upcoming Note 20 lineup might bring on the table but for sure, this tech won’t be the one. Because the recent trend shows the major upgrades are introduced to S-series and then after made to Note line.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9 and Redmi 9A officially available in Nepal with great specs
- Ncell is here with special offer for students and teachers under HISSAN, PABSON and NPABSON
- Oppo A12 officially available in Nepal with dual rear camera setup and 4230mAh battery
- Oppo A52 officially available in Nepal for purchase under Rs 30,000
- Daraz’s Mahabachat Bazar campaign starts, with up to 20% discount on shopping & chance to win an iPhone SE