What is Grammarly?
Grammarly is an AI-powered online tool developed by Grammarly, Inc that automatically detects potential issues in the text/document and suggests context-specific corrections for grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, style, and plagiarism.
In simple word, Grammarly is an online Grammar checker, spelling checker, punctuation checker, plagiarism checker service available in the free and premium version.
What is the Grammarly app?
Grammarly is an online app that automatically checks grammar, spelling, and punctuation, plagiarism, etc. Grammarly is available as a web application, browser extension, Microsoft Office add-in, native windows application as well as Grammarly IOS and Android Mobile Application.
What is Grammarly software?
Grammarly software is grammar checking software available in the form of the web app, browser extension, Office add-in, windows application, and Mobile Application.
What is Grammarly Premium?
Grammarly Premium is a paid upgraded service that offers over 400 types of checks and features. One of the main features of Grammarly premium over free Grammarly is it provides plagiarism detection service.
Can I get Grammarly on my Mobile (iPhone/ Android) Phone?
Yes, Grammarly application is available for Android and iPhone mobile in the form of a mobile keyboard. You can download both the Android and iOS Grammarly application from the Google Play store and Apple App store.
What is Grammarly keyboard?
Grammarly keyboard is a mobile application provided by Grammarly service to detect, check and correct grammar error in the mobile device. Grammarly Keyboard is now available on both Android and iOS and can be downloaded from Google Play store and Apple App store. After installation of Grammarly application in mobile, we can directly use Grammarly keyboard like other mobile keyboards with extra grammar correction and suggestion from Grammarly service.
In the mobile device, Grammarly is used as a keyboard by installing Grammarly application, or we can use Grammarly web application directly from Grammarly website.
What does Grammarly do?
Grammarly is a grammar checking application that automatically detects grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice and style mistakes in your writing, and provides a context-specific suggestion.
How does Grammarly (grammar checker) work?
When we write something with Grammarly (in Grammarly editor or a browser extension/add-in enabled), it collects our every data/word we type and sends to Grammarly cloud. In cloud, Grammarly AI analyzes every word and sentences by checking with many different pattern and algorithm and provides suggestion to improve our content. These suggestions will be presented in our editor. At the same time, Grammarly AI learns from our actions taken to the suggestion and improves itself.
After providing ten years of Grammarly service, it has checked millions of different content which help Grammarly to improve itself and provides almost error-free correction/suggestion in grammar checking.
How to Create a Grammarly account?
- First, Go to Grammarly.com here.
- Now, Click on “Add to Chrome It’s free” or “Add to Firefox It’s free” or “Add to Edge It’s free” or “Add to Safari It’s free” button on depending on your browser.
- After that, the Grammarly browser extension page will open in a new tab. Install Grammarly extension in your browser.
- After installation of the Grammarly extension, You will see a sign-up page to Create a new Grammarly Account.
- Now, Create a new account using Facebook, Gmail or any Email.
If you create an account by using Facebook or Gmail, you can directly login to Grammarly using this same Facebook or Gmail.
If you create an account by using email, you will get an option to set a separate password for a Grammarly account.
- Now, click the “Skip” button.
- Now, you will see two option.
Select “Continue to Grammarly It’s Free” to create Grammarly free account.
Select “Get Grammarly Premium” to create Grammarly Premium account.
You can skip the extension installing part if you want by clicking “Not now” after clicking “Add to Chrome It’s free” on the same page.
How to Create a Grammarly Free account?
To create a Grammarly free account, follow steps from 1 to 6 in the above question “How to Create a Grammarly account?” and Select “Continue to Grammarly It’s Free” in step 7. Now, your Grammarly free account is ready.
How to sign up to Grammarly without installing Grammarly browser Extension?
- Go to Grammarly website here.
- Press “Add to Chrome It’s free” button
- Now, a new page will open for Grammarly browser extension, close this page without installing an extension.
- Now, go to the first page, you will see a “Not now” button.
- Click on “Not now”.
- Now, you will see the Grammarly sign-up page. Enter your detail and create a new account.
How to download Grammarly Application?
Grammarly application is available in the form of a Web app, Browser extension, Office add-in, Windows application, and Mobile Application.
When you first visit the Grammarly website, you will see an option to download and install the Grammarly browser extension. After installing the Grammarly extension, you will find a signup page to create a Grammarly account.
After signing into a Grammarly, you will get a download link in App section for Grammarly add-in for MS Office, Grammarly for Windows, Mac, etc.
Alternatively, you can also find a download link in the footer section of Grammarly Website.
How to use Grammarly?
Using Grammarly is plain and simple; we don’t need any advanced skill or knowledge to use Grammarly. Here is the simple step to get started:
- Go to Grammarly website.
- Download Grammarly browser extension and install on your browser.
- Create a new Grammarly account and sign in to Grammarly extension.
- If you need, you can download and install the add-in for ms-office as well as Grammarly native application for Windows and Mac from Grammarly.
- Now, when you type anything in a website, Grammarly browser extension will check and detect your grammar, punctuation and writing style error. And once completed, the number of detected error will be shown in the bottom right corner. When you click on this number, list of detected error and suggestion for correction will show up at the side of the document.
- If you use a Grammarly add-in for ms-office, you can directly check and detect grammar error within word document by clicking the Grammarly logo on the toolbar.
- You can also check Grammar by copying content from a document and pasting in Grammarly web app or native application.
How to get Grammarly on Microsoft word?
First, go to Grammarly website and create a new account. Then, download MS add-in by going to the
How to check for plagiarism on Grammarly?
You will need a Grammarly premium subscription to activate the plagiarism checker feature on your account.
In web app and native desktop application, If you already have a premium subscription, open any document and click the plagiarism option [quotation symbol] in the bottom right corner.
In a word, when you click the Grammarly tab, you will see the plagiarism option.
In a browser text editor, when you click the Grammarly icon of the lower right corner, you will see plagiarism option [Magnifying icon].
Is Grammarly Free?
Yes, Grammarly is also available for free. You can use Grammarly free for most of the common Grammar check. However, you will need a premium version to get an advance feature like plagiarism.
Can I get Grammarly for free?
Is Grammarly safe to use?
Yes, Grammarly is safe to use, and I am using it daily. However, I recommend disabling the Grammarly while typing passwords and confidential information as Grammarly analyses every word we type. Read more about this in our Grammarly review.
Is it worth paying for the premium version of Grammarly?
There is no straight-forward answer to this question but, for me as a writer it worth. For you, It depends on how you are going to use. If you write extensively or you are preparing a critical report, then you should go for a premium version.
At least, the plagiarism checking feature is what you want to check. Check our another post “Grammarly Review: Is Grammarly Premium worth the money?” for more detail.
This thread will be updated with frequently Grammarly related questions and answers. If you still didn’t find what you are looking for, comment below, we will update this thread at the earliest.