Self-isolation is the only preventive measure as of now until a vaccine for the COVID-19 is developed. Its been more than 60 days since the lockdown started and it seems, we might have to say inside much longer. Due to the cases of infection increasing day by day, the government is tightening the lockdown even more with only essential services like hospitals, delivery, and government offices running. But there are situations where one might have to go out and one such situation is paying for bills of electricity, or the internet. Since making a queue during these hard times is a very big risk factor, the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) has launched its online portal for bill payment and electricity meter consumption update.
Previously, customers could pay their bills using various payment gateways like eSewa, Khalti, etc. Those options are still viable but now customers can pay their bills directly from the official portal launched by the NEA. All you have to do is visit the official portal, signup an account, and pay bills using verified payment gateways.
NEA Online Meter Reading Portal
Payment of bills is only possible if the meter reading is done. This has been the way since ages. But due to the ongoing lockdown, staffs responsible for reading and updating your electricity consumption are unable to go door to door. To avail from this problem, NEA has introduced a system in which customers can self-update their electricity consumption.
As the system has just been launched, not all counters are available on the website. We expect NEA to properly establish the system soon and all the counters for easy bill payment.
How to read electricity meter and pay NEA bills online?
- Visit consumer.nea.org.np and click on “Register” tab to create a new account.
- Provide consumer name, email, phone number and password details and submit.
- Navigate to the home page and log in with your registered mobile number as username and password.
- After logging in, users will be directed to “Customer Registration Form” where users can add customers ( Note: User don’t need to have meter under their name. Anyone can make an account and add customers to pay their bills.)
- After adding customers, select relevant distribution center, input DCS name, customer ID, and customer number then press Submit.
- Following the detail submission, the user needs to select the month of which bill is to be paid followed by information of the meter reading. The user has to upload a photo (in JPG format and less than 5MB size) of the meter for validating the meter reading. (Note: If the meter reading of the customer is much lower than the previous average readings, the system will ask the user to confirm once.
- The user can then proceed to pay once the system updates your reading.
Moreover, if your submitted reading has some irregularity or reading error, the NEA contacts you by the 4PM on the same day and requests to send another meter-reading image for the verification.
- Poco X2 finally launched, is it a new mid-range gaming beast?
- This wireless stamp-like sensor gently sits on the throat and monitors Coronavirus symptoms
- Next-gen memory cards will feature transfer speed of 4GB/s, faster than SSDs
- World’s fastest internet speed ever, 44.2 terabits per second (Tbps) recorded in Australia
- Xiaomi to stop making 4G phones by the end of 2020