NTA Free Wi-Fi Project Highlights
- Dedicated 10 Mbps to 25 Mbps internet bandwidth in each location.
- Free WiFi will last for 15 minutes and the speed will be of 1 Mbps.
- One must authenticate themselves with a one-time password (OTP) sent by SMS to their mobile number and to use free Wi-Fi access.
- Users can purchase multiple approved packages online or should able to purchase different tariff coupons.
As Visit Nepal 2020 is around the corner, we can see many news and promotions related to this. Nepal Telecom Authority is undertaking a major step for the benefit of all people. NTA has announced that they will be implementing free Wi-Fi services in different Tourist areas as well as other religious places. This is a great initiative taken by the NTA. NTA has called interested applicants for this project. The operator for this project will be chosen by NTA through National Competitive Bidding (NCB).
Historical, cultural, religious and tourist areas will be covered as “Free Wi-Fi Zone”. These places are divided into 3 packages by NTA.
|Package A||Package B||Package C|
The implementation of free Wi-Fi in Religious and Tourism places of Nepal is expected to be completed in a time period of six months. The dedicated bandwidth for the Wi-Fi is said to be 10-25 Mbps in each location. But there are certain restrictions on the usage of free Wi-Fi. In order to use the wifi one must authenticate themselves with One-Time Password (OTP). This will be sent to the individual via SMS on their mobile number. After that, free Wi-Fi will be accessible for 15 minutes with the speed of 1Mbps.
In case you completely use those provided free 15 minutes of Wi-Fi, you will be given an option to purchase multiple packages with different tariff coupons. There will be voucher/coupon-based and social login on demand. For those who do not have mobile but are willing to use the Wi-Fi will be provided coupons.
- Nepal Government to introduce separate ‘Tunnel Engineering’ course for graduation in Pulchowk and Paschimanchal Campus
- Cancellation of Smart Telecom License for failure to pay Rs 2 Arba 32 crore.
- iPhone to be manufactured in India. Will this reduce the iPhone price in Nepal?
- Nepal wins Gold Medal on 8th APCYS – 2019