Apple, one of the biggest smartphone company is known for its luxurious and expensive gadgets. Whether it’s MacBook, Mac Pro or the iPhones all of these take a heavy toll on one’s pocket. Sometimes it seems that flagships from Apple are manufactured with the motive of taking everything from the user’s pocket. Not so long ago, Mac Pro 2019 was launched with a hefty price tag of $54,448 (for maxed-out version). With the release of every new device from Apple, the pricing keeps climbing the hill. Not everyone can afford to buy such expensive tech often. But to increase business productivity, Apple has their own strategy. They have been slowing down old iPhones. Whoa! That’s one hell of a strategy from Apple, just so that its users will buy new iPhones.
France’s competition and fraud watchdog
Following this, recently Apple was fined $27m for deliberately slowing down iPhone models. The fine was imposed by France’s competition and fraud watchdog DGCCRF. Plus the users were not informed about this. But Apple confirmed in 2017 that they slowed down some iPhones just to prolong the life of the device itself.
Targeted device by Apple
Apple is targeting the following older devices:
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus running iOS 12.1 or higher
- iPhone X running iOS 12.1 or higher
- iPhone XS, XS Max and XR running iOS 13.1 or higher
“The effects of performance management on these newer models may be less noticeable due to their more advanced hardware and software design,” Apple said.
- EU votes in favor of Apple and Android to use the same charger
- Apple MacBook Price in Nepal (Updated Jan 2020)
- Apple’s cheese-grater Mac Pro 2019 costs more than Tesla’s Cybertruck
- Apple iPhone Price in Nepal 2020 [Feb Updated]
- Motorola Razr will last for a year only? CNET’s folding test revels poor folding number
- Register and Win Rs. 1,15,000 at ‘Redmi K20 Pro PUBG Mobile Tournament 2020’ in Nepal