After successful launches of electric vehicles like Tesla Roadster, Tesla Model S, Model 3, Model X and Model Y, Tesla has launched a new electric pickup truck named “Tesla Cybertruck”. Tesla Cybertruck was launched at an event in LA, California on 21st November 2019.
CEO of Tesla, Elon Musk unveiled the truck at the event and stated the Cybertruck comes in three versions which would deliver 250 miles, 300 miles and 500 miles of range on a single charge respectively and the price would start from USD 39,900 all the way up to USD 49,900. The Cybertruck won’t be available for purchase until late 2021. However, if interested, the preorder is open at tesla.com/cybertruck.
The three versions of Cybertruck as mentioned by Elon Musk are:
- The first version of Cybertruck comes with one single motor rear-wheel drive which gives about 250 miles of range. It is able to tow up to 7,500-pound weight objects. It can conquer 0-60mph speed under 6.5 secs and the price is USD 39,900.
- The second version of Cybertruck comes with Dual-motor all-wheel-drive which gives about 300 miles of range. It is able to tow up to 10,000-pound weight objects. It can conquer 0-60mph speed under 6.5 secs and the price is USD 39,900.
- The third version of Cybertruck comes with triple motor all-wheel-drive which gives about 500 miles of range. It is able to tow up to 14,000-pound weight objects. It can conquer 0-60mph speed in 2.9 secs and the price is USD 69,900.
During the event, Elon Musk made Franz von Holzhausen, Tesla’s chief of design to hit the door part of the truck with a sledgehammer to show Cybertruck’s powerful and rugged body material to audiences and media which were present at the event. Elon Musk also made Holzhausen throw metal balls at the windows powerfully to show the strength of bulletproof/shatterproof armored glass which was used in the window of the truck. Which unfortunately failed as the metal shattered the glass.
Coming back to the Cybertruck, the truck holds the seat for almost 6 adult people and the body of Cybertruck is made up of ultra-hard 30X cold-rolled stainless steel which makes it very powerful and rugged. The payload of the Cybertruck has 100 cubic feet of storage space and holds about 3,500-pound capacity. The vault length of the Cyber Truck is 6.5 feet and has 4-inch and also has a charging cable for charging other small electric vehicles such as electric bike and suspension is also integrated into it. At the inside, Cybertruck features a 17-inch touchscreen display at the center of the dashboard for monitoring.
The overall design of the Tesla Cybertruck feels really futuristic and also looking at a closer view on the dashboard. It feels as if the dashboard’s design and the components to keep in the dashboard are still in work and haven’t been completed yet. The window glasses are black in color which gives it an aggressive look and the sharp edgy smooth curves of the body give the whole track a futuristic military combat truck look. The tires almost feel as if it gives a really nice dirt performance.
The unveiling of Cybertruck was really awesome to see and we can’t wait to see what happens when it starts selling in late 2021. We are eager to see the audience’s response and more technical and physical enhancements that will be improved and added in the Cybertruck.
Check Out More:
- All Available Drones Price in Nepal
- Snap Spectacles 3 launches with Two HD cameras & an expensive price tag
- “Whoa, it worked!!” tweets Elon Musk using Starlink, Satellite Internet Service
- Instagram to introduce “Reel Mode” feature to rival TikTok
- Government to provide free job training courses (here’s how to apply)