The lockdown, in response to COVID-19 crisis, has impacted the country-wide economy and the businesses. But the small-and-medium enterprises (SME) sector, which contributes around 22% of the GDP and generates around 17 lakh employment, has evidently taken a major hit.
Only reinvigorating this impacted SMEs can revive the economy and help to mitigate the damage the pandemic has caused. Putting that into consideration, Daraz, the leading online marketplace in Nepal, launched Daraz Seller Sahayatri Program — a program through which the platform is inviting retailers & businesses across the country to set up their digital ventures on Daraz to diversify their revenue streams beyond traditional brick and mortar.
Daraz has this program implemented in its operating countries and is providing a subsidy of nearly half a million US dollars worldwide and NPR 55 lakhs in Nepal, with dedicated one-on-one support and access to free business consultation.
Under the Seller Sahayatri Program, Daraz pledges to charge charge 0% marketplace fees to SMEs on the sales made from the platform during the months of May and June 2020. Moreover, the SMEs can have free access to analytical tools, education and training on eCommerce operations through Daraz University to help them understand and get grip of the platform and optimize their businesses.
Other support initiatives the program include:
- Weekly payouts to all Daraz sellers until 30th June 2020
- Dedicated campaigns and visibility on the Daraz app for all SME sellers
- Free access to analytical tools to improve performance
- One-on-one support to help new sellers set up their online shops
Daraz encourages all the impacted SMEs and businesses to make transition to online marketplace by simply reaching out to the company or registering on the platform’s seller sign up page.
The company sounds confident with the Sahayatri program as this should help thousands of SMEs get back on business by leveraging the increased e-commerce activity and reaching millions of Daraz customers across the country.
More in News:
- Apple unveils the new iPhone SE, looks iPhone 8-like but better and powerful
- Nokia 9.3 PureView to come with in-display selfie camera, 108MP penta-rear cameras
- GitHub now free for all developers, features like unlimited private repositories with unlimited collaborators included
- OnePlus 8 Pro unveiled: The “Flagship Killer” is now a flagship in itself
- Honor 30 Pro Plus, the latest high-end flagship from Honor 30 Series