Realme has been launching mid-range phones with high ends specs like X2, 5, X2 Pro, XT, and even their new Buds Air which is a budget true wireless earphone. Realme has been gaining really good sells and has emerged as one of the fastest-growing brands in India even though it’s a Chinese company. Realme has been acknowledged by its users and has earned loyal fans now. But to increase the revenue of the company, Realme has decided to place ads in their ColorOS software in which their phones run. This decision from Realme has upset its users, however, you still can disable the ads with some extra steps.
When and where will be ads placed in ColorOS?
Ads will be added to ColorOS with the latest software update at the start of 2020. This means if you update your Realme phone’s software once, the ads will be placed automatically including new features of the software. The company also said that the ads will be operating only in the Phone Manager app and Security Check page after installing new apps on ColorOS 6 versions and higher.
How to disable Ads in ColorOs?
If you don’t want ads and if you want to disable ads in ColorOS than just follow the step below:
- Go to system Settings
- Click on Additional Settings
- Go to Get recommendations
- Toggle off the “Receive app and Content” option
In these few steps, you can easily disable the ads in Realme phones running ColorOS.
Source | Realme
Check Out More:
- Realme Mobiles in Nepal (Updated Aug 2019)
- Mukesh Ambani introduces ‘My Jio-Mart’ to compete against Amazon, Walmart, and Alibaba
- CES 2020 “Worlds Biggest Tech Show” to start from Jan 5-10, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada]
- How to recover the NTC recharge card Pin Number?
- How to Register for PAN Card in Nepal? [Full Guide]