With the success of the Vivo V-series and Y-series, Vivo seems to be focused on their new S-series smartphones. And, Vivo S1 could be the first in the S-series lineup. The S1 was launched some 4-5 months in China and is set to go sale this 27th July in Malaysia for RM1,099. Besides, the phone hit the Indian and the Nepali market in August. The price for Vivo S1 in Nepal Rs. 28,990.
Vivo S1: Design and Display
Like most of the Vivo phones, Vivo S1 is no different in terms of the beautiful curves and shades it has. The phone comes in two different colors; Skyline Blue and Cosmic Green. There, to extend the screen to the extreme corners, the S1 has gone for less distracting dewdrop notch, with a little chin on the bottom. On the back, the triple-camera setup and a LED flash sit on the upper left corner.
Thanks to Vivo’s generosity, the S1 has a 3.5mm headphone jack intact by the bottom-firing speaker and microUSB charging port (a little disappointed for this one).
Moving to display, the Vivo S1 has a 6.38-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ screen with 19.5:9 aspect ratio. In fact, it has pretty nice 91% screen-to-body ratio. Interestingly, the latest under-display fingerprint scanner is incorporated within this AMOLED.
Speaking of the cameras on the S1, there is a triple-camera setup sitting on the back. It comprises a 16MP main camera with f/1.78 aperture, aided by an 8MP ultrawide lens with f/2.2 aperture and a 5MP sensor for detecting field-depth effects of f/2.4 aperture. The setup can shoot quad-HD (2160p) and FHD high-res videos at 30 frame-per-second.
On the front, the handset packs a 32MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture confined with a dewdrop notch. The selfie camera is capable of taking stunning selfies with AI Face Beauty, AI Selfie Lighting camera modes.
Performance, Software, and Battery
To meet the users’ gaming and regular smartphoning needs, the S1 has MediaTek Helio P65 chipset under the hood, coupled with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage. This storage can be further bumped up to 256GB via microSD card. In fact, as per reports, the S1 is the first phone to be powered by MediaTek Helio P65.
Software-wise, the phone runs on FunTouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 Pie and packs a larger 4,500mAh battery with fast charging enabled.
Also from Vivo: Vivo Y17 announced with 5000mAh Battery & Triple Rear Camera
Vivo S1 Specs Overview
- Release Date: July 2019 (Global)
- Display: 6.38 inches, Super AMOLED FHD + (1080 × 2340 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: MediaTek Helio P65
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB, expandable up to 256 GB
- Rear Camera: 16MP, f/1.78 + 8MP, f/2.2 + 2MP, f/2.4
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.0
- OS: FunTouch OS 9 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Battery: 4500mAh
- Colors: Cosmic Green, Skyline Blue
- Sensors: E-Compass, Light Sensor, under-display fingerprint scanner, Proximity, Gravity, Accelerometer
- Vivo S1 Price in Nepal (MRP): Rs. 28,990 (4/128GB), Rs. 31,990 (6/128GB)
Vivo S1 Price in Nepal and availability
Since the S1 is already available to buy in selected markets like Indonesia, Malaysia, Bangladesh, it is expected to make a debut to India and Nepal by early August. However, the price for the Vivo S1 in Nepal is Rs. 28,990 for a 4/128GB variant and Rs. 31,990 for 6/128GB variant.
Honestly, the S1 could fail to tempt the users because of low performing processor, besides that, the latest under-display fingerprint scanner, triple-camera setup and FHD+ AMOLED display can do the job to get enlisted for top smartphones for under 30000 in Nepal.
Also, Check out:
- Is Realme 3i the best entry-level smartphone?
- Samsung Galaxy M40, a wanna-be mid-range champion smartphone
- Xiaomi Mi Band 4 hits the market, the smartband gets smarter & colorful
- Nokia 4.2, a budget mid-range phone with the nice build quality and stock Android
- Huawei Nova 5 Series: flagship & mid-range mobiles series with quad-camera setup