UPDATE: Google officially dropped Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL on Oct 15 in their “Made by Google” event. Read more on these new Pixel smartphones:
- Google Pixel 4 is officially here; 90Hz display, Motion Sense, Dual Cameras but 2800mAh battery
- Google Pixel 4 XL is everything Pixel 4 but more; more battery, more screen real estate
Just like Pixel 3 before it, Pixel 4 is one of the most leaked phones in recent history but we will have to wait till launch date to see what happens. Google has already fixed the launched date to October 15, 2019, and posted a photo to tease it. We don’t know the number of devices Google will launch, but we are highly going to see a Google Pixel 4 XL and possibly a Google Pixel 4 XL 5G too, who knows what may happen.
Google Pixel 4 Design
The-tone matte glass is gone, replaced with a sleeker monolithic design with no fingerprint sensor and that’s before we consider that it’s got an iPhone 11-like camera square: a rounded square housing two camera sensors and a LED flash at the top left of the device and bottom-firing speakers at the below. Google has kept its design refreshes conservative from year to year, but the Pixel 4, we’ll see something different
Google also showed us that the top of the phone will have a large bezel to house a bunch of sensors like Face unlock IR camera, Front-facing camera, Ambient light/Proximity sensor, Audio port, Solid radar chip, Face unlock Dot Projector, Face unlock IR camera and finally, a Face unlock Flood Illuminator. It does not show any fingerprint scanners but we hope Google will integrate an in-display fingerprint scanner.
Also, in Pixel 4 Leaks:
- Pixel 4 leaks show iPhone11-like dual cameras on the back with no notch
- New Leaked Images of Google Pixel 4 XL Reveals Large Top Bezel
Google Pixel 4 cameras
This time, The Pixel 4 will be featuring a multi rear-facing camera; 12Mp main sensor and other will a 16MP telephoto camera. And as for the Front camera, it will have an 8.1MP of selfie shooter camera. Google will include a new “Motion Mode” and an upgrade to Night Sight to make it ready for astrophotography.
Google Pixel rumored Specifications
|Specifications||Pixel 4||Pixel 4XL|
|Display||5.7 inches||6.23 inches|
|Processor||Snapdragon 855||Snapdragon 855|
|Storage||64GB, 128GB||64GB, 128GB|
|Rear Camera||12.2MP, 16MP (telephoto)||12.2MP, 16MP (telephoto)|
|Ports||USB Type-C||USB Type-C|
Google Pixel 4 Launch date and event
On September 16, Google announced that it will be holding an event in New York City on Tuesday, October 15 at 10 AM ET. Google let the rest of the world know by launching advertisements in Times Square that featured the first official look at the orange/coral Pixel 4.
- Pixel 3a & Pixel 3a XL, phones to beat all the mid-range camera-phones
- Google tests “Play Pass”, a subscription service to access thousands of premium apps and games
- iPhone 11 Impression: The best-valued iPhone you can get right now
- Google Fuchsia OS dev website goes live. Will Fuchsia replace Android?