Not to remind you again, unlike the Galaxy S10+ where only the front glass is protected and back is left bare naked, Note 10+ has both front and back completely cased in the latest and toughest Gorilla Glass 6. On the other hand, iPhone XS Max also has same GG6 shell on its back and front.
So, the question remains, which one of these big boys prevail in a drop test? Galaxy Note 10+ or iPhone XS Max? Well, not to keep you in suspense, here is a machine drop test by PhoneArena.
- Galaxy Note 10 vs Note 10+, Which Phone to Buy?
As you can see in the first back-drop test, Note 10+ took a considerably significant damages with more visible cracks on the iPhone XS Max. And same goes on a second corner-drop test, iPhone XS Max took fewer scratches on its stainless steel corner than on Note 10+, giving iPhone XS Max leading the durability test against the Note 10+. But will it continue for the same results?
However, on the third face-drop test, it’s the iPhone XS Max that took the fall with more cracks if compared to Note 10+. Till the third test, both of these phones went pretty strong and fully functional. So, they were for another round; Bonus Round.
- Apple iPhone Price in Nepal 2019
- How expensive are Apple watches? – Apple Watch Price in Nepal
- Apple iPad & iPad Pro Price in Nepal, Full Features, Buy
For the bonus round, the phones were dropped for ten times from higher up. Unfortunately, the iPhone XS Max didn’t survive and stopped working after its third fall on the steel platform. But the Note 10+ survived and retain its functionality even after ten falls on the steel platform. Surprisingly, the in-display fingerprint scanner on Note 10+ still worked like new.
That said, we have a winner and that’s the mightiest beast from Samsung— Galaxy Note 10+. Proving Samsung really worked on this year Note devices, righting the wrongs on S10+ and being successful in producing the most durable Samsung phone, so far. Still, that would not a case to avoid a protective case for these $1000 boys, after all, that’s for adventurous lovers.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
- Release Date: Aug 2019
- Display: 6.8″, 1440 x 3040 pixels
- Camera: 12MP + 12MP + 16MP + TOF (Rear) / 10 MP (front)
- Processor: Exynos 9825, Octa-core, 2840 MHz
- Memory: 12GB RAM, 256/512 GB storage + microSDXC up to 1TB
- Battery: 4300 mAh
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ Price in Nepal: Rs. 1,35,000
Apple iPhone XS Max
- Release Date: Sep 2018
- Display: 6.5″, 1242 x 2688 pixels
- Camera: 12MP + 12MP (rear) / 7 MP (front)
- Processor: Apple A12 Bionic, Hexa-core, 2490 MHz
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64/256/512 GB storage, No card support
- Battery: 3179 mAh
Apple iPhone XS Max Price in Nepal: Rs. 203,000.00 (256GB)
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Quick Review, Should you buy this Android One smartphone?
- Realme 5 Pro Rocks 48MP Quad Cameras, and SD712 for an unmatched price
- Oppo Reno 2 Series with quad cameras & 20x zoom to launch on Aug 28
- Redmi Note 8 Pro, with 64MP camera, confirmed to launch on Aug 29
- Check out Mobile Price in Nepal