Huawei, currently the world’s second-largest smartphones seller brand, had announced that it would overtake Samsung and become the world’s top smartphone vendor by the end of 2020. But the recent US trade bans had raised some serious concerns on achieving the goal. However, it seems Huawei has found another way to meet the goal; partnering with Micromax to spread its territory, reach and increase the sales in India.
The “Huawei-Micromax Partnership” was first heard earlier yesterday, 22nd July, ahead of the launch of company’s first pop-up camera phone Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 in India. The official announcement is supposed to be made within the next 24hrs, by 24th July. This partnership could be the win-win for both parties. Micromax which has lost the market against the rise of Chinese OEMs such as Xiaomi, OPPO, Vivo, and Huawei to reach a wide range of customers in India.
As per The Mobile Indian report, Micromax will handle all the billings related to all the channels for Huawei in India and will organize open market and online channels. Besides, Micromax, which once used to be the major smartphone seller in India, has completely shifted to the offline market and sells. And to that, Huawei will utilize and access all the distribution channels, chains of offline stores that Micromax has. Once that covered, Huawei can focus on R&D and manufacturing.
If the partnership works and Huawei increases its current 1 percent market share in India, Huawei, possibly, can claim the number #1 position for the world’s top smartphone vendor. And Micromax could make a comeback again. But again, we can see only what that partnership brings!
Also, Check out:
- Is Realme 3i the best entry-level smartphone?
- Samsung Galaxy M40, a wanna-be mid-range champion smartphone
- Xiaomi Mi Band 4 hits the market, the smartband gets smarter & colorful
- Nokia 4.2, a budget mid-range phone with the nice build quality and stock Android
- OPPO K3 launched with Pop-up Selfie Camera, 710 SoC, a competitor to Realme X
- Vivo S1 is coming soon to Nepal with triple cameras, 45000mAh battery & more