The reasons Huawei has been successful in beating Apple (about to beat Samsung) because of the quality phones that it produces for an affordable price. And to continue that impression, Huawei has recently announced its another mid-range smartphone that packs all the high-end-like specs, design, and camera without getting your pocket heavy; Huawei Y9 Prime 2019.
The all-new 6.5” Huawei Ultra FullView Display
Achieving the all full-screen display has been one of the major concerns for the smartphone industry these days. Which is why, the smartphones OEMs have tried, experimented and innovated the ways, like obtrusive larger notch, dewdrop notch, motorized pop-up cameras, to expand the screens to the extreme corners of the phone. And on that note, Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 has brought up an improved immersive display experience into the mid-range smartphone segment.
Sized at 6.5 inches, the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 sure feels an upgrade to the Huawei Y9 2019, as it houses all-new the Ultra FullView Display. Meaning no notches to degrade your smartphoning experience. This FHD+ (2340 x 1080p) bezel-less screen, however, has a little chin on the bottom.
The Perfect Trio
We have already seen a triple-camera setup in the premium mid-range smartphones. But, probably, this is the first time we are witnessing the triple-camera setup on an affordable mid-range smartphone that is priced under 25000 in Nepal.
Yeah, the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 houses triple cameras on its back, a setup of 16MP + 8MP + 2MP to help you achieve an enhanced quality of photography experience.
The main camera is a 16MP with an f/1.8 aperture, and there is an 8MP ultrawide lens with 120-degree field-of-view to help you capture with a broader perspective. And, the 2MP lens is to generate the depth of field effects. Additionally, there is a total of 22 camera modes that can guide to capture from mouth-watering food images to jaw-dropping landscapes. Besides, not to forget the Night mode with AI algorithm to support photography in low-light conditions, and the Super Slo-mo videos at thrilling 480 frame-per-second.
The 16MP Motorized Pop-up Selfie Camera
As aforementioned, the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 features a full-view display, and this feat has been achieved with the help of the hidden selfie camera. This hidden selfie camera is a motorized 16MP pop-up camera.
This selfie camera is aided by Huawei’s intelligent AI that offers a real-time image optimization for 8 different scenes and can shoot studio-quality 3D portraits.
Performance, Design, and Battery
The Y9 Prime 2019 packs a company’s in-house Kirin 710F (12nm) chipset under the hood, accompanied by Mali-G51 MP4 GPU for handling graphics and gaming. And, there is a 4GB RAM and 128GB storage to meet your smoother user experience needs. However, if the 128GB storage doesn’t seem to be enough for you, you can expand it to whopping 512GB via microSD card slot.
Fueled by 4000mAh battery and fast charging USB Type-C, the phone can surely make a day for a single plug-in. The handset comes with Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0 skin at the top out of the box.
The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Price in Nepal
The Y9 Prime 2019 is already available in the selected regions like Middle East, Africa, and some selected countries like Pakistan. The device is priced at PKR 33,999 in Pakistan. And the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 (4/128GB) is recently made available in Nepal, talking about the price, it costs Rs. 29,900.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Specs Overview
- Release Date: May 2019
- Display: 6.59 inches, 2340 x 1080 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie), EMUI 9 skin
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 710F (12nm)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable up to 512GB
- Front camera: Motorized 16MP pop-up camera
- Rear camera: 16 MP, f/1.8 + 8 MP (ultra-wide)+ 2 MP, f/2.4
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- Misc: Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Fingerprint scanner (rear-mounted), USB Type-C, Ambient light sensor, Gravity sensor, Digital compass, Gyroscope sensor
- Colors: Midnight Black, Emerald Green, Sapphire Blue
- Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Price In Nepal: Rs. 29,900
Also, Check out:
- Samsung Galaxy M40, a wanna-be mid-range champion smartphone
- Redmi K20 Pro, the real flagship killer from Xiaomi
- Xiaomi Mi Band 4 hits the market, the smartband gets smarter & colorful
- Honor 8s, an entry-level smartphone soon to hit Nepal and India market
- Huawei Nova 5 Series: flagship & mid-range mobiles series with quad-camera setup