Windows 10 full of features and we have already covered numerous aspects of it. But still, there’s room to explore for the users. Although Windows 10 is not an open-source software but still there are some built-in features with which changes to the system can be made. But the changes are minimal. Talking about the changes, Windows 10 taskbar is configurable. For this, there’s an option under ‘Personalization Setting’. One of the prime changes one can make to the Taskbar is its transparency. Under the Windows setting, we have the option to enable or disable a transparency effect for the user interface. Using this option you can alter the transparency of Taskbar but not up to 100%. For the 100% translucency of the Windows 10 taskbar, there are two best options- Using Registry and Using Classic Shell.
Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency
You can either make changes to the Registry or simply use third-party software Classic Shell. If you do not want the installation of third-party software then Registry is the best option for you. But if you feel editing the Registry is a bit risky then simply go for Classic Shell.
Using Windows Registry
- To open Windows Registry press Windows (flag icon) + R key, type ‘regedit’ and hit enter.
- Navigate the following path,
- Click on ‘Advanced’. On the right window, right-click and tap on new>DWORD (32-bit) value. Rename it as ‘UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency’ Here we are going to create a new value string inside the Advanced subkey.
- Double click on the ‘UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency’, a box will appear. Set its value data field to 1. Hexadecimal on the base option should be selected as shown.
- Click on OK to save and exit the registry.
- You can restart your system for changes to take place or right click on desktop, select ‘Personalize’.
- Under the Personalize section, go-to colors. Here enable the Transparency effects for changes to take place.
Using Classic Shell
Classic Shell is a free third party tool for Windows 10. Using this software you can have more control over the exact level of translucency of the Taskbar. Follow the instructions given below to enable transparent taskbar,
- Download the Classic Shell. Open the application.
- Select the style for the start menu you prefer among the given options.
- Tick mark on ‘Show all settings’ options as shown.
- Go to Taskbar. Checkmark on ‘Customize taskbar’.
- Select Transparency and set the Taskbar opacity to 0.
- Click on OK for changes to take places.
You can select either of the above mention options to increase the transparency of the Windows 10 taskbar. If you have any confusion on How to increase Windows 10 transparency, please let us know in the comment section. We will our best to help you.
Up in the line:
- Alibaba creates an AI-powered Diagnosis System to detect Coronavirus
- Xiaomi Black Shark 3 and 3 Pro officially announced – New Gaming Beast in the Town
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, the smartphone with 16GB RAM, 108MP camera & 100x zoom
- Poco X2 finally launched, is it a new mid-range gaming beast?
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip officially announced at Samsung Unpack Event
- Powerful Flagships launched by Samsung: Galaxy S20 & S20 Plus with 120Hz display & 64MP cameras
More on Tutorials:
- Install dual WhatsApp on your Android with in-built system settings
- How to set a time-limit for any user on Windows 10 using command prompt
- How to install the same app multiple times on any Android without root?
- Find Wi-Fi Password of all connected networks on Windows 10 using CMD
- Here’s how you can take partial selective screenshots without rooting your device
- Find your Windows product key without installing third-party software
- How to Identify Fonts Used in Any Photo or Image